Official Youtube Channel on http://www.youtube.com/user/africalightgrayzone
Africa is full of nature’s colors. A colorful experience! The social, political and economical problems of the continent, however, are unsaturated. Neither black nor white, but endless gray.
“Africa Light” – as white local citizens call Namibia. The name suggests romance, the beauty of nature and promises a life without any problems in a country where the difference between rich and poor could hardly be greater. Namibia does not give that impression of it. If you look at its surface it seems like Africa in its most innocent and civilized form. It is a country that is so inviting to dream by its spectacular landscape, stunning scenery and fascinating wildlife. It has a very strong tourism structure and the government gets a lot of money with its magical attraction. But despite its grandiose splendor it is an endless gray zone as well. It oscillates between tradition and modernity, between the cattle in the country and the slums in the city. It shuttles from colonial times, land property reform to minimum wage for everyone. It fluctuates between socialism and cold calculated market economy.
The traditional communities of the country are recently available for sale. They perish as a tourist attraction in an entertainment park of the First World. The progress is entering.
The film “Africa Light – Gray Zone” tells the story of a country, which is a representative of an entire continent and its development. And finally this is even the story of our entire world.
- Director / Visual Effects / Editing: Tino Schwanemann
- Creative Producer / Art Director: Stefanie Paul
- Music Composer: Steffen Greisiger
- Orchestrator: Bernd Wefelmeyer
- Orchestra: German Film Orchestra Babelsberg
- Sound Design: Jan Weigel
- Sound Engineering & Mix: Christian Ottow
- Additional Music: Moby
- Music Producion Consulting: Ulrich Reuter
- Production Consulting: Holger Lochau
- Camera: Felix Novo De Oliveira and Mathias Prause
- Location Management: Dijongo Zaire
- Production Companies: einscommanull in co-operation with Film Academy Baden Wurttemberg & HFF Potsdam Babelsberg